Friday, April 20, 2012

What does three up and three down mean?


Well to some, it is the end of an inning.

In my case, it is time to move on.

In my job, I was doing;
Only QA tester on Arm desktop,
Broke ground on QA testing on Arm Server,
Interacted as both tech support and community liaison with multiple communities of Arm Linux developers,
Automated Arm network installation and SRU testing,
and many other day-to-day activities.

I also would root cause as many bugs as I possibly could, often replicating them on x86 and amd64.  I even fixed a few bugs along the way.

But, due to shifts in work and internal reorganizations, I am no longer needed.  Yes, today is my last day here (well, maybe not on this blog).  I only recently opened up my resume to job hunters, and the calls are coming in rapidly.  I hope to land somewhere soon, possibly as soon as next week.  Seems Linux QA people are in high demand still.

But what about all my equipment?  What about the dedicated tower of Pandas?  For now, they are now busy searching for ET.  I might have future work for them next month.  They seem to be able to perform quite well, even keeping pace with the SS Itanic I have sitting here.  So what if they aren't as powerful as the multi-core 64 bit laptop warmers that most people have.  I'll bet they draw less power than the Speak & Spell that ET uses to make long distance calls w/o a carrier network plan.  And they support bluetooth.

So, I leave you readers with this:  "You have entered a dark place.  You are likely to be eaten by a Grue!"

No comments:

Post a Comment